- Bachelor of Arts (Journalism and Communication), University of Queensland
- Certificate IV – Workplace Assessment and Training
- OHS general construction induction card
- QAS Applied First Aid Certificate
- Affiliate, Engineers Australia (Qld)
- Member, International Association for Public Participation (IAP2)
- Member, Business Communicators Queensland
- Member, National Association of Women in Construction
- Finalist, TELSTRA Business Womens’ Awards (2012)
- BMP Alliance ALG Chairman’s Award for Leadership (2008)
- Public Relations Institute of Australia Croll Award (1996)
Kate has more than 20 years of experience in managing communications programs for major Australian companies, government agencies, industry groups, and infrastructure projects.
During the early years of her career in corporate public relations, Kate worked with several engineering and construction firms, and developed a keen interest in these industry sectors. After founding Communikate in 1996, she chose to specialise in providing communications services to organisations involved in planning, designing and building infrastructure. Kate is today recognised as one of Queensland’s leading communications consultants in this field.
Stakeholder and community engagement is Kate’s forte. She has a strong track record in delivering engagement programs that consistently exceed ‘business as usual’ benchmarks. She has a broad general knowledge of engineering and construction terminology, work methods and contracting models. She is also highly experienced in dealing with all levels of government, elected representatives, community leaders, and everyday people interested in construction projects.
Kate has served in senior communications and management roles on a number of major Queensland infrastructure projects over the last decade. These have included:
- the $422m Pacific Motorway Upgrade Project, Springwood (south) to Daisy Hill (Community and Stakeholder Engagement Advisor)
- the $300m Logan Water Alliance Program (Community and Stakeholder Engagement Manager, and member of the Alliance Program Management Team)
- the $230m BMP Alliance Beenleigh Merrimac Pimpama Alliance water infrastructure upgrade program (Community and Stakeholder Engagement Manager, and member of the Alliance Program Management Team)
- the $122m Acacia Ridge Rail Crossing Overpass Project (Community Engagement Manager, and member of the RXR Alliance Project Management Team)
- the $60m Gold Coast Rapid Transit Project, Southport roadworks (Community Relations Manager)
- the $45m Centenary Highway Extension Project (Community Engagement Manager, and member of the Centenary Link Alliance Alliance Project Management Team)
Other members of the Communikate team: